Introduction of maintenance task resident in the Hospital
ME means Medical Engineering, ME equipment is the equipment that used for treatment, diagnosis, and monitoring of patients. The main activities in ME Center are renting, inspecting, and repairing ME equipment. These activities have purposed to improve the operational efficiency of the equipment by attaching tag number to each equipment, especially for the equipment with high versatility and urgency.
Our management method is using a personal computer and renting/lending paper to manage location and types of medical equipment in
the hospital. And in addition, we are using a large whiteboard at the ME Center to identify what kind of equipment and which hospital ward
the equipment is using at a glance. Furthermore, we also constantly disinfect and maintain the equipment while improving the level of medical care so that the equipment could be implemented to the patients securely and safely
We perform maintenance and management of various ME equipment that used in the hospital ward, outpatient, surgical departments, etc, such as Defibrillators, Dialysis Machine, Ventilator, Infusion Pump, heart-lung machine, etc, as our activity in the hospital for the purpose of proper use and improving the safety of ME equipment.
ME Center Lends/rents out the equipment that is managed in the ME Center. herewith,
we introduce our lending/renting system flow as the following descriptions:
- Lend/Rent Request
The department (in the Hospital) that would like to use the equipment, contacts by telephone to the ME center to request for lend/rent the types of equipment.
- Lend/Rent Preparation
Our staff at the ME center prepare the lending/renting procedure and perform the following tasks below. And also confirming the equipment inventory and the accessories.
- Lend/Rent Record
Our staff at the ME center input the lending/renting equipment to the ME equipment management system.
The equipment will be transported by our staff at the ME center to the person who would like to use its equipment.
- Reducing the task burden of nurses.
- Improving the operational efficiency of the equipment by identifying the equipment that
has high versatility and urgency with ID numbers.
- Improving hospital operational efficiency. by calculating the operational rate of
the equipment, the hospital could be operated with the minimum number of equipment required.
- furthermore, we manage consumables and accessories of the equipment and also be able to explain how to use it.
At the ME center, the equipment that had been lent/rented to each hospital ward
will be collected, cleaned, and inspected. We will introduce the flow of our collection
procedure as follow:
- Collecting Task Occurs
Managing the collecting process by picking up and collecting the equipment that used
and delivering it to the designated return shelves for each department.
- Collecting Task
Our staff at the ME center will do the collecting task for the department that uses
the equipment. Verifying the accessories, and confirming the usage status, and then collecting the equipment.
- Collecting Record
Our staff at the ME center will record the equipment by input the collected equipment into the ME equipment management system
- Cleaning The Equipment
Cleaning task of the collected equipment
- After-use Inspection
Performing inspection tasks based on the inspection record table according to the inspection task manual guide to the after-use collected equipment.
- Inspection Data Record
Inputting the inspection data to the ME equipment management system.
- Managing and Storing
We organize and store the equipment in the designated place. The equipment that powered by batteries will be charged.
- Reducing the task burden of nurses.
- Cleanliness and safety can be ensured by cleaning and disinfecting medical equipment after collection.
- After the equipment collected at the ME center, performance maintenance and preventive maintenance of the equipment can be performed by performing the operation, safety,
and function inspections.
We handle equipment malfunctions and performing reparation procedures at the ME center.
we will introduce the reparation task procedure as follow:
- Immediate Reparation Decision
Checking the status of the malfunctioning equipment and evaluate if it can be repaired immediately.
Performing the reparation procedure
- Post-repair Inspection
Performing inspection after the malfunctioning equipment repaired. We perform inspection tasks based on the inspection record table according to the manual guide.
- Reparation Completion Report
We record the reparation details and results on the reparation task request form,
If the repaired equipment passes the inspection procedures.
- Delivering the repaired equipment
Delivering the reparation completed equipment and the reparation completion report to
the equipment placement department.
- Confirmation of Reparation Completion
Confirming the equipment reparation completion by the relevant department.
- Reparation Record
performing the reparation records.
Inputting the reparation data to the ME equipment management system.
- Implementing in-hospital equipment maintenance and reparation system, could shorten downtime (suspension period) and reducing the reparation cost of the equipment.
- Easy to track the equipment reparation history, performance, and condition
Manufacturer contract service
We also provide equipment manufacturer support service to support overworked areas, such as when the maintenance/service personnel are busy with reparation, maintenance, and inspection tasks, and the working area that has a shortage of personnel. Our staff will respond to the inquiry
for cooperation in maintenance and reparation performed by the equipment manufacturer.
Dialysis Equipment Maintenance Service Department
As another service at IMEC, we provide equipment manufacturer support services to support the manufacturers in shortages and overworked areas.
Currently, we are engaged in the maintenance tasks for dialysis equipment based on a contract with a dialysis equipment manufacturer
Medical Equipment Survey
- After performing the on-site survey, we will present to our customers a list of survey equipment in a table of data.
The table covers equipment information such as product name, model, serial number, classification, and etc, then these data could be used as
a document for Audit. It also has the meaning of inventory data and could be used as comparative data of confirmation with the fixed asset ledger.
- At the time of the survey performed, we manage the survey process by attaching the specified sticker designated by the Hospital to each piece of equipment.
The specified stickers could be attached by individuals to easy-to-see parts of the equipment, so it is possible to make a quick decision such as correspondence decision in the ward and etc.
- We are not only present the equipment information but also the photograph of the equipment were taken at the time of the survey process as the survey result report. It also could be used as a storage data and documentation for the survey result.
- After the survey performed, we will respond to various inquiries regarding the equipment condition and inspection plan.